Monday, January 19, 2009

Campus Office Internet Connection Much Slower Now

Here in Egan Hall, the speed of the Internet connection in my office is significantly slower than before the University switched to another internet service provider during the Christmas break. I sure wish I'd saved the earlier test results. Here's a test a ran a couple of minutes ago:




The download speed is about what I've been getting since the semester started - and it's slightly slower than my typical DSL download speed at home. The upload speed here at the office is much faster than my home connection, but today's result is about 1/3 of the upload speed I've gotten in a dozen tests during the past week.

My office connection used to be really, really fast. I hope this is just a temporary problem.

Update: Here's the speedtest for my connection at home "later that same day..."


No comments: